The Broomfield Academy Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
The Broomfield Academy Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is an independent non-profit service organization. All Broomfield Academy parents and staff are PAC members. The mission of PAC is to raise funds and hold events throughout the year that enrich the Broomfield Academy student experience.
The PAC aims to help Broomfield Academy offer the best possible educational experience for students by raising funds in areas of need. In the past PAC has successfully provided:
• New computers for the computer lab and for each classroom
• Character assemblies: Beth Epley Character Education and
• Theatre Character Education Performances
• Financial support for additional programs and services in each
• Teacher Appreciation Events and Gifts
• Halloween "Trunk or Treat" party and games
• Special Friday Family Fun Night Events
Gifts to PAC are tax deductible. When giving a gift to PAC you may request an acknowledgment letter that contains the 501(c)(3) information for the purposes of tax deduction. We appreciate your donations!
Each gift received by the PAC, regardless of the amount, makes a difference at Broomfield Academy. The simplest way to give is to write a check payable to the PAC. You can pledge money over time and spread out your donations over a year. Or, if you prefer, you can volunteer your time to help with PAC's various events and planned activities throughout the year. PAC appreciates your contributions and uses 100% of all donations to provide for the students at Broomfield Academy. Some employers will even match your charitable gifts to PAC. Check with your HR department. It's a win-win!
Gifts of equipment, supplies or other material may also be made. Gifts may need to be verified by PAC for appropriateness or need, so, if you have questions about a need or specific donation, contact PAC for more information. PAC has identified several specific school needs, ranging from equipment and supplies to capital expenditure support for major campus initiatives and facilities. Past examples of targeted gifts range from new computers for the school to particular library book volumes and materials. Contact PAC for more information about how your giving can be matched with the most appropriate need.
Meeting announcements will appear in the Friday school newsletter and via email. PAC meetings are a great way to learn more about PAC-sponsored events and fundraising efforts. You are invited to attend PAC meetings and give your opinions and ideas. Or, to volunteer. PAC meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month, at 4:00 pm, except for the first meeting in August. For the 2012-13 school year, PAC meetings will be on:
• Saturday, August 18 (9:00 AM)
• Tuesday, September 11, 2012
• Tuesday, October 9, 2012
• Tuesday, November 13, 2012
• Tuesday, December 11, 2012
• Tuesday, January 8, 2013
• Tuesday, February 12, 2013
• Tuesday, March 12, 2013
• Tuesday, April 9, 2013 and
• Tuesday, May 14, 2013
PAC events currently scheduled for the 2012-2013 school year include:
• JK through Elementary School New Family Orientation – July 24,
• Summer Family BBQ – July 25, 2012
• Ice Cream Social – August 8, 2012
• New PAC Officers/Classroom Parent Orientation & Breakfast –
August 18, 2012 at 9:00 AM
• Broomfield Days Parade – September 15, 2012
• Trunk-or-Treat – October 26, 2012
• Fall Online Silent Auction – November 20 – December 5, 2012
• Winter Program Refreshments – December 6 & December 13,
• Sock Hop – February 8, 2013
• Spring Silent Auction and Spring Cocktail – March 16, 2013
• Spring Program Refreshments – April 4 & 18, 2013
• Staff Appreciation Week – May 6-10, 2013
What PAC does:
• Coordinates and funds social events. Examples are Trunk-or-
Treat, Summer BBQ, Winter Program Refreshments and a Spring
• Coordinates fundraising events. Currently these include silent
auctions, Box Tops for Education, and other "night out"
• Coordinates and funds enrichment events. Currently these
include the Beth Epley programs, teacher enhancement grants,
and teacher appreciation week (held in May of each year).
• PAC active members donate their time, talents or resources for
the good of the school and the students. PAC members can give
input on PAC events, fundraising efforts and decisions on how to
spend PAC funds. If you are interested in learning how you can
help, please email PAC. There are a variety of roles available that
can fit into any schedule.
What PAC does not do:
• PAC does not advise on curriculum for the school or individual
• PAC does not act as a Board of Directors or direct the school
• PAC does not serve as a venue for any grievances.
• PAC does not serve as an accountability task force.
The most important thing to know is that active PAC parents learn more about the school, get to work with many great staff members and families, enjoy watching their children make the most of their education, and have fun!
To contact PAC, click here
Winter 2010 Silent Auction Items
Parent Advisory Council (PAC) Newsletters
To Top of Page